Halle Berry is currently getting ready to drop her brand new project, Bruised, and Variety says the actress was actually given a nice offer for the movie that left her “speechless.” Netflix reportedly was ready to spend $20 million for the distribution rights for Berry’s first movie as a director.
At the moment, the film is being screened at the Toronto Film Festival. Clearly, Halle is thrilled with the news, because the actress took to her social media to share her glee.
You can check out her tweet below:
— Halle Berry (@halleberry) September 11, 2020
Reportedly, Bruised marks the first time Halle will be working as a director and an actress simultaneously. The film revolves around a former MMA fighter who is struggling to get back on top not only as an athlete but as a mother as well.
During an older conversation with reporters from Variety, Halle Berry talked about what it was like to work on the movie, including when she broke two of her ribs during filming. Berry said to the outlet that she “didn’t want to stop” because she had been working on it for so long.
She said she and her team were ready to go, so when she found herself injured, it was hard to take time off. In fact, Berry claims she kept going and never stopped.
As it was previously reported, Halle Berry broke two of her ribs while filming her directorial debut. Over the last decade, Berry has successfully transitioned to action movies as a lead, including her recent stint in the John Wick franchise.
Halle co-starred alongside Keanu Reeves in the third installment of the John Wick series, which garnered rave reviews as well as a successful box office opening. The John Wick films have been hailed as bringing action movies to the forefront again.
Earlier this year, Halle was in the news again when she shared a photo of herself showing off her body in celebration of body positivity. Fans were thrilled to see Berry showing off her goods for the first time since her classic scene in Swordfish alongside John Travolta and Hugh Jackman.